Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our Band of Villians


A group shot of my group's character's on the eve of what was the most
challenging combat they faced in the campaign. As I posted previously
I didn't have a lot of time to get an encounter together, so based on
their rave reviews I think I did pretty good.

The players came back from an extended adventure in Sharn (hello New
York) where the had managed to capture an "Eldritch Engine" from the
enemy (hello plot device) and brought it back to their patron for his
nefarious plans.

I like the Eberron setting a lot. I like to play the parrallels to
20th Europe very stongly where possible. Karnath is Germany, the
Emerald Claw is the Nazi party, Sharn is New York, Aundair is Harry
Potter set in France. These are all good things as it allows me to go
for inspiration outside the setting materials.

We use Legos as minis as you can see. Back when I starting playing in
2000 I had no collection of miniatures built up from years of play,
but I did have a lot of Legos. So I used those to great effect these
past eight years.

No comments: