Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Warhammer Initial Thoughts

This is just going to be a stream of consciousness note taking.

  • They have some interface that tries to lead you onto sides and servers that need people. Though the interface is clumsy and feels tacked on.
  • The interface in general feels unpolished. Small actions like clicking on the EULA are unnecessarily clunky.
  • Combat is really slow. Everything seems a bit drawn out.
  • Mobs just kind of stand around by themselves.
  • I have to say, I think I like my MMO graphics stylized.
  • You can dye your clothes. That's nice.
  • There doesn't seem to be any thought at a directed experience. They just throw a bunch of quests at you and you wander around killing mobs one on one.
  • The map has regions that show you what quests you have in each area. I don't know if it's targets or quest turn in NPCs.
  • The public quest has some specialized interface that related to the objectives of the quest. But I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be doing.
  • The quest text for the public quest was actually way to long. I wanted a clear summery about what I needed to be doing, especially since there seemed to be time limit on all of it.
  • Finally found the public quest, it wasn't deep in the catacombs, it was up on the landing. It could really use some better direction.
  • So for my first three hours of the game I ran around without my clothes on (dark elf sorceress) nuking elves. Not horrible, better than Conan, but a little unpolished.

No comments: